180 Flynn Ave., Suite #2
Burlington, VT 05401
We are open 10:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday thru Saturday & Sundays from 12 to 4 pm. Closed the following holidays: Easter, 4th of July, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. We will close by 3pm on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve. Your rent is deducted at the end of each month and sales tax is collected and paid to the State of Vermont.
The following are the RULES & REGULATIONS for the operation of Vintage Inspired Lifestyle Marketplace. These Rules & Regulations are a part of the Rental Agreement and Vendor Application.
- Booth Rentals: Booths vary in size depending on the needs of each dealer and are rented for $2.50 per sq. ft. per month plus 5% of sales. Booths will be rented on a first-come, first-served basis. Vendors are required to give a $50.00 security deposit. The deposit is used first for any damage and second, towards your last month of rent. Deposits will not be returned if dealers move out without the 30-day notice unless approved by Management. The rental contract is extended on a month-to-month basis. Dealers may stock their booth anytime during store hours. You may not keep the staff after hours to work on your booth! The vendor or Vintage Inspired LLC management may terminate the rental agreement by submitting notice in writing in advance of the first day of the month.
- Rent Due: Rent is due the first day of the month for that month. Rent will be deducted from accumulated sales of the previous month. If rent exceeds sales then payment by the vendor is due by the 8th of the month. If rent is overdue by 30 days, unsold merchandise may be sold by V.I. to cover past due rent and cannot otherwise be removed from the market until rent is paid in full. Rent extends from the first day of the month to the last day of the month.
- Sales Tax: Vintage Inspired will be responsible for the collection and payment of sales taxes to the Treasurer, State of Vermont. Dealers may not use the Vintage Inspired’s sales tax number for their personal use.
- Commissions: A five percent (5%) commission will be charged on all items sold. This amount will be deducted from the monthly vendor payment. This covers credit card costs, marketing, and maintenance.
- Pay Periods: The close of business on the last day of the month is the cut-off date for processing sales. Checks to dealers may be picked up after 1 pm on the eighth day of the following month. One month’s rent and all commissions are deducted from the sales. A statement of the month’s sales activity will be provided with the check.
- Vendor Identification: Only individuals with permission of the vendor (owner of merchandise) will be allowed to remove unsold items or pick up checks from Vintage Inspired LLC. Please let us know if a significant other is going to be involved.
- Pricing: Dealers must furnish their own tags. Items placed in a booth must have a price tag with readable notations on the front: Vendor ID, Price and Item Description.
Any other information the vendor deems necessary should be written on the back of the price tag. To protect the vendor, prices cannot be crossed out and replaced by another price written on the tag. Price tags must be securely fastened to merchandise. Vendors are responsible for tagging their own merchandise.
- Vendor Discount: A ten percent (10%) discount will be offered to any vendor in this market or to anyone having a sales tax identification number (must fill out the state sales tax form) on individual items priced at $20.00 or more. Do not mark your items FIRM. Adjust your prices for Vintage Inspired’s policy. The cashier must be notified before ringing up the sale. Any vendor who desires a minimum price on any particular item must mark that item up to allow for the 10% discount. We will also make personal phone calls with offers on items over $50.00 if the vendor so chooses. We will keep information on each vendor’s wishes at the front computer. Dealers may give discounts to non-dealers on items over $20.00 if they so choose.
- Housekeeping: Vendors are responsible for keeping their own space and merchandise clean and orderly. Vintage Inspired LLC is responsible for maintenance of aisles, rest rooms and the common areas of the market.
- Prohibited Sales: Management of Vintage Inspired LLC reserves the right to prohibit any item from being sold on the premises. All sales will go through the cash register Vintage Inspired LLC. Any sale that does not go through the register will violate this agreement and serve as cause to terminate it. Vendors working in their booths may “deal” or reduce a price to a customer but are not allowed to complete the sale on premises without going through the register. Vintage Inspired LLC does not allow pornography (as determined by management), weapons and animals. Management reserves the right to refuse any merchandise we feel is inappropriate.
- No Smoking: Smoking is not permitted on the premises.
- Sales: A vendor may run a sale in his or her booth for not more than two consecutive pay periods. Continuous booth sales are not allowed.
- Displays: All sales merchandise must be kept WITHIN each vendor’s assigned space. Customer walkways shall not be obstructed by merchandise.
- All Laws Apply: Vendors shall abide at all times by the codes, ordinances, and regulations of the city, county, state and other governmental agencies having jurisdiction over the conduct of the vendor’s business.
- Move-Out: Move-outs shall occur on or before the last day of the current rental period. Holdovers will be charged an additional rent. Management must be given a written 30-day notice in advance of a move-out BY THE FIRST DAY OF THE MONTH. Vendor must settle all over due rent charges and damages before removing merchandise from Vintage Inspired LLC on move-out day.
- Layaways: Layaways on items of fifty dollars ($50.00) or more are permitted with a twenty-five percent (25%) down payment and the balance to be paid within thirty (30) days. There will be no refunds on Layaways. If the transaction is not fulfilled, the customer will forfeit the down payment. The Layaway merchandise will stay in its original location with a layaway or sold tag attached. Space permitting, management may move layaway merchandise to a holding location.
- Checks: Vintage Inspired LLC will accept checks as payment for any item with proof of identity by a current driver’s license and will be responsible for collection of bad checks.
- Credit Cards and Debit Cards: Vintage Inspired LLC will accept payment by MasterCard, Visa and Discover credit and debit cards. Vintage Inspired LLC does not accept American Express.
- Losses and Insurance: Vendor is responsible for his or her own insurance & premise liability. Vintage Inspired LLC will not be responsible for any loss or damage of merchandise, property or equipment, either from natural or unnatural causes, such as theft, fire, flood, wind, rain, or any other cause whatsoever.
V.I. Staff: ___________________________________
Member #: _____________________________________